The department began functioning
as a service for out patients in Sector 22 Polyclinic on 4.10.1993. It began
providing indoor facilities as well as emergency services to the patients in Sector 16
The department of medicine was started in 1992 and was first headed by a very eminent internationally renowned neurologist Prof J.S. Chopra, MD, DM (Neurology) Padma Bhushan who was also the Founder Director Principal of this institute.
The department of medicine in
August 1994 got its second head in Prof. H.S. Malhotra, MD, DM (Nephrology) a
nephrologist from the PGIMER,
In addition to Internal Medicine service the department is providing specialized services in the following fields: Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Cardiology, Neurology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, Diabetes, Thyroid, Haematology & Oncology & Geriatrics. It is worth mentioning that the first Geriatric clinic in this region was started by our department to cater to the needs of the growing elderly population.
The outpatient clinics are
situated in Level - V, "B" Block, Area
Cardiology services: Non invasive cardiology services like Tread Mill Testing (Stress test), Holter and Echocardiography are being provided since 1995. We have a state of the art 9 bedded Coronary Care Unit (CCU) situated on level 5, block C. The department plans to start 24 hours ambulatory BP monitoring facilities in the near future.
Hematology services: Full care to patients with hematological problems including anaemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, leukemia and lymphoma is being provided to the patients.
Rheumatology services: Patients having various rheumatological problems are provided comprehensive health care. Facilities and expertise for intra articular injections, muscle biopsies, sural nerve biopsies, minor salivary gland biopsies, intra-carpal injection and immunosuppressive therapy is available in the department.
The department provides quality clinical and theory teaching to undergraduate MBBS students and junior residents. The department is involved in teaching of 200 students/ year of four batches. The Medicine curriculum starts form the 2nd year and continues till the end of final year. Both didactic lectures and clinical demonstrations are held and on an average the department takes about 8-10 theory lectures/week and 18 clinical demonstrations/week. Symposia and tutorials are held regularly for the students and their performance is assessed at periodic intervals in both theory and clinical aspects. First batch of MBBS students graduated in the year 1996.
Faculty members of the department participate in various national conferences and present scientific papers and deliver talks at different forums. Over 80 papers have also been published by the department since its inception in a short span of 10 years in leading national and international journals. The department has been organizing CMEs regularly since November, 1998. This activity has become an annual feature in the academic calendar of department. The department has been organizing six monthly workshops for the Punjab Health System Corporation. It has also been involved in conducting WHO sponsored workshops for training medical officers in health care of the elderly. Research activities are being actively pursued by the department in various fields.
1. Indo US Seminar on AIDS
Key speaker was Dr. R.C.
Bollinger from John Hopkin's
2. Continuing Medical Education Programme
It is our endevour to
conduct regular annual CMEs for the physicians in the region to keep them abreast with the
latest developments in the field of Medicine.
It is our endevour to conduct regular annual CMEs for the physicians in the region to keep them abreast with the latest developments in the field of Medicine.
3. Workshops Organisedby the Department of General Medicine, GMCH
(i) Workshops Organised for Punjab Health System Corporation (PHSC).
Regular workshops for doctors from PHSC have been conducted over the years including topics like Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Gastro-intestinal & Endocrine Emergencies. A one-month training programme for general duty medical officers was organized from April -May 1998 with other clinical departments.
(ii) Workshop on Medical Education technology.
two-day workshop on "Concepts in Medical Education technology" was held on 10-11
February 1998. Dr. V S Mathur from
(iii) WHO sponsored National Board of Examinations Workshop.
was organized the topic On Evaluation Training and Research Methodology in
February 1999 in association with the Medical Education Cell of GMC,
(iv) Workshops on Care of Elderly.
- WHO sponsored two workshops have been organized on training of medical officers in health care of the elderly in 2003 and 2005.
(vi) Workshop / CME on Rheumatology for Undergraduate students - 21.08.2008.
4. Preparation of a documentary film on Objective Structural Clinical Examination (OSCE).
This OSCE film was made in collaboration with National Board of Examinations, New Delhi in 1998 and since then been circulated to all medical colleges and centers where Diplomat in National Board courses are being conducted.
5. Faculty from the department have been involved as part of the MCI inspection team for inspection of various medical colleges for undergraduate, MD and DNB courses
2. 2. WHO sponsored multicentric study to establish epidemiological data on health problems in elderly Indian population and development of strategies to address these in 2004.
DST Chandigarh admin sponsored project on The evaluation of cardiovascular risk factors in
30-45 years old employees of
4. 4. WHO sponsored project on Community based care of the elderly in 2006-7.
5. 5. DST Chandigarh admin sponsored project on Pattern of Co-morbidities in elderly patients(more than 65 years) of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases and outcome assessment in those hospitalized with these morbidities. 2008-10
6. 6. RSSDI sponsored project to study The Relationship of Body Iron Stores with Type 2 Diabetes And Obesity in North Indian Population. 2009-10
7. 7. FAIMER Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research sponsored project Assessment of a structured case-based model for teaching pulmonary medicine cases 2010-11
8. 8. Carotid intimal media thickness
9. 9. UTI recurrent ICMR 2012
7. Awards achievements of teaching/non-teaching staff
AtulSachdev was awarded
Ram Singh was awarded
SS Lehl was awarded
4. Prof. AtulSachdev was awarded membership of the prestigious National Academy of Medical Sciences.
5. Dr.SanjayDCruz was awarded membership of the prestigious National Academy of Medical Sciences.
awarded fellowship in
Monica Gupta was awarded fellowship in
Ram Kashyap was
awarded fellowship in
SS Lehl has been
elected as the honorary secretary of
Monica Gupta has
been elected as the honorary treasurer of
11.Dr Sanjay DCruzhas been elected Executive member of ISN (Indian Society of Nephrology) in Dec 2011.
2. Department of Medicine was part of the "Multicentric study to assess the problems of the Elderly and to develop strategies to address these" of which the department of Medicine was one of the 10 centres from all over the country was also compiled by the Department of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi.
3. Department of Medicine is part of imparting training to students as part of Prehospital Hospital Trauma Technician Course (PHTTC)
1. The department of Medicine
completed a WHO sponsored project entitled "Multicentric study to assess the problems
of the Elderly and to develop strategies to address these". The department was one of
the 10 centers selected from all over
2. The teaching facilities of the department have been upgraded by adding Laptops, Computers and a Multi Media Projector facility from departmental funds to upgrade teaching methodolgy.
3. The department has been designated a centre for training of Doctors in Health Care of the Elderly in this region by WHO.
4. The department is the coordinating hub for the telemedicine project under the chairmanship of Prof. Atul Sachdev. To begin with we are having simulcast of weekly CPC from PGI at 8am on every Wednesday.
5. New Holter System for analysis of arrhythmias in the cardiac patients in the year
7. Four Ventilators installed in the department of Medicine for critically ill patient management in 2009
8. Two new dialysis machines 2011
9. EMG/NCV Machine 2011
Video Endoscopy system
The department plans to become self sufficient in all medical specialties to reduce the need for referral of patients to other centers as well as continue to provide high quality comprehensive services to the public.
As part of its CME programme, which is held regularly, the department will continue to strive to educate the physicians of the region so that they are kept up to date with the latest developments in medical field.
The department will continue to improve upon its curriculum and teaching methodology to make the outgoing graduates capable of meeting the challenges in general practice. The department plans to start educational programme for the public in certain key areas. The department hopes to start postgraduate courses very soon. A proposal to have super specialists in all the medical specialties is in advanced stage of implementation and the department will soon have specialists in Neurology, Endocrinology, Cardiology in addition to the existing specialists in Gastroenterology and Nephrology.
The department, in spite of it preoccupations with patient care, training of undergraduates and setting up of this hospital has already been participating in various conferences and presenting and publishing papers in international and national journals.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS OF DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE
1. Duseja A, Sachdev A, Malhotra HS. Endoscopic removal of sewing needles from duodenum. Indian journal of Gastroenterology 1999; 18:91
2. Duseja A, Sachdev A, Kumar A, Malhotra HS, Kaur L, Nada R, Mohan H. A case of periampullary carcinoma presenting as a case of pyrexia of unknown origin. Tropical Gastroenterology, 2000.
3. Bhalla A, Singh R, Sachdev A, Lehl SS. Towards lesser pain during blood sugar testing. Int J Diab Dev Countries, 2000; 20: 124-25
4. Singh R, Bhalla A, Sachdev A, Lehl SS. Neuropathic arthropathy. Int J Diab Dev Countries, 2000; 20: 135-39
Sachdev A, Radotra A, Goel P,
6. Bhalla, R Singh, SS Lehl, Sanjay DCruz, A Sachdev. Pit falls in blood pressure measurements. BMJ (south asian edition), October 2001; 17: 693
7. Jhaj R, Goel NK, Gautam CS, Beta D, Sangeeta B, Sood A, Sachdev A. prescribing patterns and cost of antihypertensive drugs in an internal medicine clinic. Indian Heart J 2001; 53:323-327
8. Singh R, Sachdev A, Lehl SS, Bhalla A. Charcots arthropathy. Indian J orthopaedics.2001; 35:154-157
9. Handa U, Mohan H, Ahal S, Mukherjee KK, Dabra A, Lehl SS, Yadav TD. Cytodiagnosis of hydatid disease presenting with Horner's syndrome: a case report. Acta Cytol. 2001 Sep-Oct;45(5):784-8
A, Sood A, Mahapatra M, D'Cruz S,
Singh R. Cicardian Pattern of Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Diseases in Geriatric
Population. J Assoc Physicians
11. Ashish Bhalla, Ram Singh, M Mahapatra, Sanjay DCruz, Atul Sachdev. Raised intracranial pressure in kerosene poisoning. International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Legal Medicine. Vol 4, No. 2, Jan-June, 2002. 36-37.
A, DCruz S, Singh Ram. Renovascular
hypertension. A review. Journal of
13. Bhalla A, Sachdev A, Singh R, DCruz S, Lehl SS. Pattern of mortality in a referral hospital. Asian archives of anesthesiology and resuscitation. June - Sept 2001; XLXV / 1: 134-137
R, Bhalla A, Lehl SS, Sachdev A. Video game epilepsy. Neurology
R, Lehl SS, Sachdev A, Sood A, Malhotra
HS. Reversible neurologic manifestations after glycerol: a short report. Neurol
16. Thami GP, Kaur S, Sachdev A. Erythema Annulare Centrifugum following pancreatico-biliary surgery. The journal of Dermatology 2002: 29(6)
17. Nada R, Duseja A, Sachdev A, Mohan H. Comparative analysis of duodenal biopsy tissue orientation supported on vegetable matrix versus filter paper. Indian J of Gastroenterol 2002; 21(5): 110-12
18. Sachdev A, Bhalla A, Srinivasan V. Is iron deficiency anaemia a common presenting manifestation of adult onset celiac disease? Indian J Gastroenterol. 2002; 21(5): 121
19. Kumar A, Sachdev A, Singh R Lehl SS, D Cruz S, Mahapatra M, Malhotra HS. Left atrial myxoma presenting as pseudobulbar palsy. Neurol India 2002, June; 50(2): 219-21
20. Bhalla A, Mahapatra M, Singh R, DCruz S. Acute lung injury in Miliary Tuberculosis. Indian Journal of Tuberculosis. 2002, 49, 125-128.
21. Bhalla A, Singh R, Mahapatra M, D Cruz S, Sachdev A. Raised intracranial pressure in kerosene poisoning. International Journal of Medical Toxicology & Legal Medicine 2002; 4(2): 36-37
M, DCruz, Kumar A, Singh R, Lehl SS. Wasp sting induced neurological manifestations.
23. Mahapatra M, Singh R, Sachdev A, Lehl SS. Paget Schatters disease in a golfer. Ind J haematol & Transfusion Med, 2002;
24. Bhalla A, Sood A, Sachdev A, Lehl SS, Mahapatra M. Circadian pattern in cardiovascular diseases. Indian Medical Gazette, 2002; 136(8): 293-97
25. Sachdev A, Srinivasan V, Maheshwary S, Mohan H, B Ashish, Adult onset Coeliac Disease in North India. Tropical Gastroenterology 2002; 23:117-19
A, Singh R, Sachdev A, D'Cruz S, Duseja A. Circadian pattern in cerebro vascular disorders. Neurol
27. R Singh, SS Lehl, A Sachdev, U Handa, S DCruz, A Bhalla. Metastasis to thyroid from lung carcinoma. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 2003; 45: 203-204
28. Sanjay DCruz, Atul Sachdev, Ladbans Kaur, Uma Handa, Ashish Bhalla, Sarabmeet S Lehl. Fine needle aspiration diagnosis of isolated pancreatic tuberculosis. A case report and review of literature. J Pancreas 2003; 4(4): 158-162
29. A Bhalla, Atul Sachdev, Sarabmeet Singh Lehl, Ram Singh, Sanjay DCruz. Cerebral Fat Embolism as a Rare Possible Complication of Traumatic Pancreatitis J Pancreas 2003; 4(4): 155-157.
V, Sachdev A, Singh R, Lehl SS, Basu S.
Autoimmune hemolytic anemia associated with benign ovarian cyst and review of literature.
31. Agarwal V, Sachdev A, Singh R, Lehl SS, Mohan H. Behcets disease with relapsing cutaneous polyarteritis nodosa like lesions, responsive to oral cyclosporine therapy. Dermatology on line, 2003; 9(5): 9-12
32. Sachdev A, Duseja A. Decompressive shunts and hepatic encephalopathy. Indian J Gastroenterol 2003; 22(Suppl):
33. Duseja A, Sachdev A Helicobacter pylori and hepatic encephalopathy. Indian J Gastroenterol 2003; 22(Suppl):
34. Agarwal V, Singh R, Lehl SS, Sachdev A. Ochrnotic arthropathy. J Indian Rheum Assoc, 2003;11:89
35. Agarwal V, Sachdev A, Singh R, Lehl SS, D Cruz S. Intracranial bleed in a patient with systemic lupus erythematosus and secondary antiphospholipid antibody syndrome after oral anticoagulant therapy. J Indian Rheum Assoc, 2003;11:84-86
SS, Bambery P, Katariya S, Deodhar SD. Osteopoikilosis.
37. Sachdev A, Duseja A, Bhalla A, Handa U, Sandhu BS, Gupta V, Kochhar S. Efficacy of endoscopic wire guided biliary brushing in the evaluation of biliary strictures. Trop Gastroenterol. 2003 Oct-Dec;24(4):215-7.
38. Sachdev A, Sandhu BS, D'cruz S, Lehl SS, Agarwal V. Achalasia cardia in mother and son. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2004 May-Jun;23(3):109.
39. Agarwal V, Sachdev A, Lehl S, Basu S. Unusual haematological alterations in rheumatoid arthritis. J Postgrad Med 2004;50:60-61
40. DCruz S, Bhadada S, Chander J, Agarwal V, Singh R, Sachdev A. Isolated nocardial subcapsular and perinephric abscess. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2004 Jan;47(1):24-6.
41. Agrawal V, Sachdev A, Sharma R, Punia RP. Dermatomyositis and duodenal carcinoid. Clin Rheumatology 2004;23(6):557-8.
42. Suhag V, Singh S, Lehl SS, Sunita BS. Endovascular brachytherapy. Radiation Oncology, Vol 4, No.1, Jan-Jun 2004.
43. Agarwal V, Chauhan S et al. An elderly male with fever, purpura, Proteinuria and weight loss. J Indian Rheumatol Association 2004; 12: 147-9.
44. Agarwal V, Chauhan S et al. Pitting edema with arthritis as the presenting manifestation of Type 1 Lepra reaction. J Indian Rheumatol Association 2004; 12: 131-4.
45. SachdevA, Duseja A, Nada R, Mohan H, Bhalla A. An unusual cause of malabsorption in an immunocompetent host. J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 2005;17(1):85-7
46. V Agarwal, S Chauhan, R Singh, A Sachdev, S DCruz et al. Pancytopenia with first dose of methotrexate in a patient with psoriatic arthritis J Indian Rheumatol Association 2005;2:60-61.
47. Agarwal V, Chauhan S, Singh R et al. Gangrene in Systemic Lupus Erythematous. How much to rely on Antiphospholipid antibodies. J Indian Rheumatol Association 2005; 2: 71-2.
48. Agarwal V, Chauhan S, Singh R. A case of cranial venous sinus thrombosis and proteinuria. J Postgrad Med 2005; 51: 137-9.
49. Agarwal V, Singh R, Chauhan S, Thakur R. Relapsing Polychondritis. J Indian Rheumatol Association 2005; 2: 67-9.
R, Sachdev A, Fahid Ali A. Coeliac
disease in developing countries:
51. Agarwal V, Dabra AK, Kaur R, Sachdev A, Singh R Remitting seronegative symmetrical synovitis with pitting edema (RS3PE) syndrome: ultrasonography as a diagnostic tool. Clin Rheumatol. 2005 Sep;24(5):476-9.
52. Agarwal V, Dcruz S, Sachdev A, Singh R, Kapoor V. Quadriparesis following wasp sting: an unusual reaction. Indian J Med Sci. 2005 Mar;59(3):117-9.
53. Gombar S, Mathew PJ, Gombar KK, D'Cruz S, Goyal G. Acute respiratory failure due to hypokalemic muscular paralysis from renal tubular acidosis. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2005 Oct;33(5):656-8.
54. Chacko A, Sachdev A, Mathur AK, Mohandas K, Puri AS, Mohan AT. Reprocessing of endoscopes & accessories. Trop Gastroenterol. 2005 Jul-Sep;26(3):161-8.
55. Bhalla A, Singh R, D'cruz S, Lehl SS, Sachdev A. Accurate blood pressure recording: is it difficult? Indian J Med Sci. 2005 Nov;59(11):480-7
V, Singh R, Sachdev A, Wiclaff, Shekhar S,
Goel D. A prospective study of the long-term efficacy of local methyl prednisolone acetate
injection in the management of mild carpal tunnel syndrome. Rheumatology
Lehl, SS Lehl .Oral Health Care in the Elderly. Journal
V, Sachdev A,
59. Chauhan S, Sachdev A, Faruqi S. An exotic bloom. Am J Med. 2006 Aug;119(8): 663-4
60. Bhalla A, Sachdev A, Singh R, Lehi SS, D'Cruz S. Accidental poisoning due to motor vehicle exhaust. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2006 May;16(5):383-4.
61. Chauhan S, D'Cruz S, Mohan H, Singh R, Ram J, Sachdev A. Type II lepra reaction: an unusual presentation. Dermatol Online J. 2006 Jan 27;12(1):18.
A, Sachdev A, Lehl SS, Singh R, D'Cruz S. Ageing and circadian variation in cardiovascular
63. Agarwal V, Singh R, Chauhan S, D'Cruz S, Thakur R. Parkinsonism following a honey bee sting. Indian J Med Sci. 2006 Jan;60(1):24-5.
64. Agarwal V, Singh R, Chauhan S. Remission of rheumatoid arthritis following acute disseminated varicella zoster Infection. Clin Rheumatol. 2006: 21; 1-2.
S, Bali J, Singh KK et al. Simultaneous bilateral occulomotor nerve paralysis An
unusual manifestation of diabetes mellitus.
S, Agarwal V, Varma N et al Acute undifferentiated leukemia in an adult presenting as arthritis.
67. Chauhan S, Singh R. Red spots and recurrent anaemia. Am J Med. 2006: 119; 743-5.
68. Chauhan S, Varma S, Tahlan A, Sachdev A, Singh KK, Jaiprakash MP, Agarwal V. Osteoporosis An unusual presentation of T-cell lymphoma. . Am J Hematol. 2007; 82: 85-6.
69. Sachdev A, D'Cruz S, Chauhan S, Thakur R, Kapoor V, Handa U. Pancreaticobiliary Tuberculosis Diagnosed by Endoscopic Brushings. JOP. 2006 Nov 10;7(6):665-9.
SS, Sachdev A, Singh R, Bambery P. Aging and the spectrum of Rheumatic Diseases. Journal of the
71. Pote S, Tiwari P, DCruz S. Medication prescribing errors in a
public teaching hospital in
72. Chauhan S, DCruz R, DCruz S, Singh R, Sachdev A. Clinical Paradigms revisited. Mel J Aust 2007;186: 382
73. Chauhan S, DCruz S. Images in clinical medicine. Saddle
74. Chauhan S, Sachdev
A, DCruz S, Singh R, Singla S. A web of
75. Chauhan S, Agarwal V, DCruz S. Case 14-2007: A man with pain and swelling of both eyes and the right ear. N Engl J Med. 2007 Aug 9;357(6):621
S, DCruz S, Sachdev A, Singh R. Bacterial
endocarditis treated with intramuscular teicoplanin.
77. Chauhan S, Sachdev A, DCruz S, Jain K, Singla S. Cerebral venous thrombosis in a patient with ulcerative colitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2007 Dec;13(12):1588-9.
SS. Urinary incontinence in the elderly. Journal of
79. Gupta V, Singla N, Lehl SS, Chander J. Clinico-epidemiological profile of HIV infection over a period of six
years in a North Indian tertiary care hospital.
80. Khanna M, Chauhan S, Dalal U, Lehl SS. Water-lily sign. Med J Aust. 2007;186:654.
82. Chauhan S, Suri V, Malhotra P, Varma S et al. Granulocytic sarcoma an unusual cause of compressive myelopathy. Am J Hemtol. 2007; 82:6849
83. Bhalla A, Sood A, Sachdev A, Varma V. Disseminated cysticercosis: a case report and review of the literature. J Med Case Reports. 2008 Apr 30;2:137.
84. D'Cruz S, Chauhan S, Singh R, Sachdev A, Lehl S. Wasp sting associated with type 1 renal tubular acidosis Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008 May;23(5):1754-5
85. Chauhan S, Sachdev A, DCruz S Cullen's and Turner's sign associated with portal hypertension. Lancet. 2008 Jul 5;372(9632):54.
86. Chauhan S, D'Cruz S, Singh R, Sachdev A. Mees' lines Lancet. 2008 Oct 18;372(9647):1410.
87. Kashyap JR, D'Cruz S, Chauhan S, Kochhar S. Venous thromboembolism associated with train travel Med J Aust. 2008 Nov 3;189(9):535-6.
88. Batra M, Handa U, Mohan H, Sachdev A. Comparison of cytohistologic techniques in diagnosis of gastroesophageal malignancy Acta Cytol. 2008
90. Tahlan A, Bansal C, Palta A, Chauhan S. Spectrum and analysis of bone marrow findings in anemic cases. Indian J Med Sci. 2008 Aug;62(8):336-9.
91. Mohapatra PR, Gupta M,
92. Chauhan S, Chiu Y, Swift A, Griffiths K, Moots RJ. A hole in the roof. Am J Med. 2008 Nov;121(11):960-2.
93. Bhalla A, Sood A, Sachdev A. Heart involvement in disseminated cysticercosis- a case report and review of literature. Indian Heart J. 2008 May-Jun;60(3):260-2. Review. PMID: 19240318
94. Bhalla A, Sood A, Sachdev A, Varma V. Disseminated cysticercosis: a case report and review of the literature. J Med Case Reports. 2008 Apr 30;2:137.
95. D'Cruz S, Chauhan S, Singh R, Sachdev A, Lehl S. Wasp sting associated with type 1 renal tubular acidosis. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008 May;23(5):1754-5. Epub 2008 Jan 5.
96. Chauhan S, Chiu Y, Swift A, Griffiths K, Moots RJ. A hole in the roof. Am J Med. 2008 Nov;121(11):960-2. No abstract available
97. Chauhan S, Olujohungbe A, Moots RJ. Treatment of Behcet's syndrome and plasmacytoma in a patient with peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Leuk Lymphoma. 2008 Dec;49(12):2377-9
98. Lymph node infarction and its association with lymphoma: a short series and literature review. Punia RS, Dhingra N, Chopra R, Mohan H, Chauhan S. N Z Med J. 2009 Feb 13;122(1289):40-4.
100. Gupta M, Gupta M, Narang T. Otophyma: a rare and frequently misdiagnosed entity. Am J Otolaryngol. 2009 Apr 22.
101.Kapur V, Chauhan S, D'Cruz S, Sachdev A. Kartagener's Syndrome. Lancet. 2009 Jun 6;373(9679):1973. No abstract available. PMID: 19501745.
102.Khurana U, Handa U, Mohan H, Sachdev A. Evaluation of aspiration cytology of the liver space occupying lesions by simultaneous examination of smears and cell blocks. Diagn Cytopathol. 2009 Aug;37(8):557-63.PMID: 19306423.
103. D'Cruz S, Kochhar S, Chauhan S, Gupta V. Isolation of Salmonella paratyphy A from renal abscess. Indian J Pathol Microbiol. 2009 Jan-Mar;52(1):117-9. Chauhan S, Singh R, Singh H, Kaur R, Palleda GM. Sign of three. Am J Med. 2009 Nov;122(11):1013-5.
104. Sachdev A, Gupta M, Attri AK. Gastro-colic Fistula due to
Acid Ingestion. Gastroenterology Research 2010;3(1):50-51 .
105. Gupta M, Lehl S: Sweets syndrome in a diabetic patient. The Internet Journal of Dermatology. 2010 Volume 8 Number 1
106. Gupta M, Lehl S: Lupus vulgaris of forearm. The Internet Journal of Dermatology. 2010 Volume 8 Number 1.
4. 107. Gupta M, Gupta M: Large osteophytes causing dysphagia: an interesting case. The Internet Journal of Otorhinolaryngology. 2010 Volume 11 Number 2.
108. Gupta M, Gupta M, Narang T. Otophyma: a rare and frequently misdiagnosed entity. American
6. 109. Mangat C, Goel NK, Walia DK, Agarwal N, Sharma MK, Kaur J, Singh R, Singh G. Metabolic syndrome: a challenging health issue in highly urbanized Union Territory of north India. Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2010 Mar 23;2:19.
111 Nadkarni N, D'Cruz S, Sachdev A. Hematemesis due to bitter melon (Momordica charantia) extract induced gastric ulcerations. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2010 Jan;29(1):37-8.
112. Punia RS, Dhingra N, Mohan H, D'Cruz S. Amyloidosis secondary to xanthogranulomatous pyelonephritis: a rare association. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl. 2010 Jul;21(4):720-3.
113. Monica Gupta, SS Lehl, N.S. Boparoy, Rahul Katyal, Atul Sachdev: A Study of Prevalence of Depression in Elderly with Medical Disorders. Journal of The Indian Academy of Geriatrics, 2010; 6 : 18-22.
114. Gupta M, Lehl SS, Sachdev A. Idiopathic hypoparathyroidism: an unusual cause of acute encephalopathyBMJ Case Reports 2011;10.1136/bcr.12.2010.3593
115. Gupta M, Lehl SS, Singh R. Swiss-cheese appearance of the brain in a young boy. BMJ Case Reports 2011;10.1136/bcr.12.2010.3598
116. Anant Mohan, Rita Sood, Monica Gupta, Naveet Wig, R Guleria, GC Khilnani. Hypereosinophilic Syndrome with Recurrent Pulmonary Thromboembolism Masquerading as Pulmonary Tuberculosis. JIACM 2010; 11(4): 316-8
117. Gupta M, Singh K, Lehl SS. Subdural empyema in chronic suppurative otitis media: a rarely encountered complication . BMJ Case Reports 011;10.1136/bcr.03.2011.3976
118. Bhatia MS, Kler SK, Lehl SS, Gupta M. Calf muscle injury due to dog bite leading to deep vein thrombosis: A rare case. The National Medical Journal of India. 2011; 24(1):56
119. Gupta M, Pande D, Lehl SS, Sachdev A. Alezzandrini syndrome. BMJ Case Reports 2011;10.1136/bcr.04.2011.4052
PR Mohapatra, SS Lehl, Atul Sachdev. Pattern of Comorbidities in Hospitalized Elderly
Patients of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Journal of The Indian Academy of
Geriatrics, 2011; 7: 6-11 Jayant
Monica Gupta, PR Mohapatra, SS Lehl, AtulSachdev. Pattern of Comorbidities in
Hospitalized Elderly Patients of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Journal of The
125. Singhal N, Tahlan A, Bansal C, Handa U, extramedullaryhematopoeisis in a lymph node: A cytological diagnosis.. . 2011 Jul;28(3):138-40.
130. Arora K, Punia RS, . . 2012 Jan;23(1):88-92.