Prof. Jasbinder Kaur has done M.B.B.S. from M.G.I.M.S., Sewagram in the year 1983, DGO in (1986) and MD Biochemistry from PGIMS, Rohtak in 1990. She joined GMCH in 1996 and established the Deptt. of Biochemistry. Her total professional experience in the field is 29 years. She was given the additional charge of the Professor-In-Charge Academics in March 2018. She took over the charge of Director-Principal, GMCH, Chandigarh on 4.12.2020.
She held following important positions in International & National Associations of biochemistry:
• International Federation of Clinical Chemistry(IFCC) and in-Asia Pacific Federation of Clinical Biochemistry(APFCB)
• Corresponding Member in Committee for standardization of TFT
• Corresponding Member in Committee on Clinical Lab Management & EMD
• President: of the Association of Medical Biochemists of India for the year 2014-2015
• President of the Chandigarh Chapter of AMBI since 2014.
• Presently the Honorary Secretary of the Association of Medical Biochemists of India since 2019.
1. She has authored two books in Biochemistry.
2. Her poster presented in 12th Asia Pacific Congress of Clinical Biochemistry (APFCB) held at Seoul in South Korea – Oct, 2010 bagged the prize for Outstanding Poster
3. She delivered the prestigious C Sita Devi Oration in the 18th National Conference of Association of Medical Biochemists of India, Hyderabad – Nov, 2010.
4. She also delivered Akhauri S Sinha Presidential Oration in the 21st National Conference of Association of Medical Biochemists of India, Ludhiana-Dec.2013.
5. She got University Grant Commission Fellowship to present a paper in Bali (Indonesia) in 2013.
6. She also received Travel Grant Awarded by the Department of Science & Technology, Delhi for presenting paper in South Korea in 2010.
7. She delivered the Keynote Address in North Zone – AMBICON, 5th-6th April, 2014, Faridkot .
8. She also delivered the Keynote address in Endocrinology Update – Punjab Chapter – AMBICON, 28th September, 2014 .
9. She was also Awarded fellowship of AMBI for Continuous Contribution in the Field of Medical Biochemistry in 2014.
10. She has excellent organizing skills and was Awarded Appreciation by AMBI for organizing conference at GMCH, Chandigarh in 2008 where Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was the Chief Guest.
Amongst the other academic and administrative experiences, she is a recognized Post Graduate Teacher, External Examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate Medical courses, PhD examinations in various Universities/Institutes. She has been the guide and co-guide of more than 30 MD/MS postgraduate students. She has been a part of various assignments on behalf of the Medical Council of India and National Board of Examinations.
She has delivered a number of guest lectures/been a panelist in National Conferences.
She has been a chairperson / member of various committees of the hospital. She has more than 75 papers to her credit and has handled various projects of ICMR, DST and CSIR.